McLane Middleton attorneys Susan E. Schorr and Laura McKelligott Kahl presented on an Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE) webinar, “The Vaccine is Here: Practical Recommendations for Schools” on December 18, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. EST.
This free webinar for heads of school, senior administrative team members and health directors, discussed COVID vaccines and whether to mandate or strongly recommend that faculty, staff and students be inoculated.
Participants learned about which approaches will promote campus health and safety, and when and how schools need to accommodate resistance from community members to receiving their shot in the arm. In addition, participants learned:
- What New England governors are saying about prioritizing teachers and other education community members for immunization
- How to analyze the pros and cons of mandating that school community members be vaccinated versus strongly recommending inoculation
- Drafting tips for faculty/staff offer letters and contracts, and enrollment agreements
- How to accommodate legitimate exemptions to vaccinations
- Where things stand with younger children and vaccination