Our attorneys have extensive experience in:
- 401(k), Defined Benefit, and Profit Sharing Plans: Our attorneys assists clients in selecting the plan that best fits their needs. We assist them to administer and maintain their plans in compliance with all tax qualification and ERISA required demands.
- Plan Termination: McLane Middleton expertly advises our clients through the plan termination process whenever the plan’s continuation become too burdensome, the retirement plan is no longer cost-justified, or it otherwise becomes necessary to terminate the business.
- Voluntary Correction Programs Submission: Our attorneys have substantial experience assisting clients to bring their plans back into agreement with the tax code and ERISA requirements, and when necessary, utilize the appropriate IRS or U.S. Department of Labor programs.
- Benefit Plans and Corporate Transactions: Our attorneys advise clients buying and selling businesses on how the rules governing benefit plans will impact the transaction.
- QDRO: McLane Middleton attorneys review Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDRO) to ensure they meet tax code, ERISA and court requirements, to ensure that the retirement plans are protected from future claims.
- Health Insurance and Welfare Plans: McLane Middleton attorneys have substantial experience with the ACA and other laws and regulations impacting health insurance, disability insurance, and other employer-provided benefits.