We routinely assist our clients with:
- Formation: Organizing and filing the documentation necessary to establish tax-exempt entities.
- IRS Exemption Submissions: Preparing and filing necessary documentation to obtain tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service.
- Planning: Avoiding or minimizing the effects of private foundation status, minimizing unrelated business income tax, and helping with internal audits.
- Audits: Advocating at both the state and federal level when authorities raise questions regarding tax-exempt status, assert unrelated business income, or seek to impose private foundation penalties
- Charitable Giving: Structuring a program of charitable giving to ensure the organization retains philanthropic status, and provides donors with appropriate deductions/documentation
- Governance: We help boards comply with state and federal requirements for proper oversight of tax-exempt organizations and help them manage risks inherent with service as trustees and directors.