McLane Middleton attorneys regularly represent clients confronting state and local tax issues, including: State and Local Audits; Tax Litigation; Reasonable Compensation; Rulemaking; and Real Estate Tax Appeals.
McLane Middleton attorneys regularly represent clients confronting state and local tax issues, including:
- State and Local Tax Audits: We have extensive experience in representing clients before the various tax agencies and have been successful in reducing and/or minimizing tax, penalties and interest assessed.
- Tax Litigation: We have successfully pursued a variety of tax matters before the U.S. Tax Court, New Hampshire Department of Revenue Administration, Massachusetts Department of Revenue and Superior Courts on behalf of our clients.
- Reasonable Compensation: We have successfully represented a variety of small business owners under audit by the State of New Hampshire for “reasonable compensation” issues.
- Rulemaking: Advocacy on behalf of clients before state legislatures through lobbying activities as well as direct involvement in “working groups” reviewing and streamlining the practices and procedures of various state agencies.
- Real Estate Tax Appeals: Representation of clients before the New Hampshire Superior Court, the New Hampshire Appellate Tax Board or Board of Tax & Land Appeals and beyond.