McLane Middleton has the depth and breadth of legal services and experience to help nonprofits in confronting a multitude of issues unique to their associations.
We represent health care and education providers; religious organizations; social service agencies; tax-advantaged housing entities; recreational and cultural entities; foundations; and business associations.
Our attorneys take a collegial approach to counsel such nonprofit entities to help them maximize their services to their beneficiaries. We often advise on the following issues:
- Regulatory compliance issues before charitable trusts divisions of various states
- Tax planning and advice
- Financing for and borrowing by nonprofits, including bond issues
- Conservation easements
- Fiduciary issues
- Conflicts of interest
- Trust and estate planning issues for donors, trustees and beneficiaries
- Endowment management matters
- Compensation and pension issues related to nonprofit executives
- Employment issues