McLane Middleton’s Construction team represents architects, engineers, construction managers, owners, general contractors and subcontractors in all phases of construction projects.
- Forming business entities for construction projects;
- Drafting and reviewing contracts pertinent to all phases of construction projects;
- Obtaining land use and environmental permits; and
- Providing aggressive and efficient representation in arbitration or litigation.
When obstacles arise – such as OSHA issues, permitting challenges, delay claims, payment disputes – our construction trial attorneys guide clients to the most practical and efficient resolution. The team works closely with our real estate, environmental, employment, tax, corporate and litigation departments, drawing on collective experience to provide comprehensive assistance to our clients.
Our Construction Litigation Group’s recent history includes:
- Successfully representing prominent college in litigation involving design and renovation of its state-of-the-art science facility.
- Defending civil engineering firm to successfully resolve claims made against it relating to design of athletic field complex at high school.
- Successfully represented large manufacturing facility in litigation around design and construction of a co-generation facility in Manchester, N.H.
- Successfully defended a general contractor against construction bond claims brought by a subcontractor concerning a local high school.
- Obtained favorable resolution of litigation brought against large flooring subcontractor upon litigation in federal district court.