November 16, 2007, Manchester, NH—The law firm of McLane, Graf, Raulerson & Middleton, Professional Association is proud to announce its sponsorship of the city’s first green roof, installed on top of City Hall. Officials from Mayor Frank Guinta’s office, along with members of the University of New Hampshire Cooperative Extension and other state officials, officially unveiled the project last Friday. The green roof, the first of its kind on a governmental building in New Hampshire, used no taxpayer dollars to fund.
“The benefits of a green roof are numerous,” said Mayor Guinta’s representative, “but first and foremost, it shows the commitment that Manchester has made to the environment, the economic well-being of city taxpayers and the overall quality of life that our residents demand and expect.”
Some of the benefits of green roof technology include:
- Absorption of up to 95 percent of an average rainfall. This prevents flow-off onto pavement and into storm drains, which carries into it pollutants such as gasoline, oil, antifreeze, and trash;
- Reduces the energy needed to heat and cool the building below
- Extends the life of the original roof;
- Filters air pollutants and improves air quality;
- Absorbs noise;
- Reduces the risk of flooding and overflowing sewers; and
- Provides habitat for butterflies and other pollinators
“From our environmental specialty practice group to the green office policies we uphold every day, the McLane Law Firm works hard to support a clean environment,” said Michael McCluskey, McLane’s Executive Director. “It is our pleasure to sponsor this initiative.”
About the McLane Law Firm
Founded in 1919, McLane, Graf, Raulerson & Middleton, Professional Association is the largest full-service law firm in the state of New Hampshire, with offices in Manchester, Concord and Portsmouth. Driven by the firm’s depth of sophisticated legal expertise and an unwavering commitment to client service, McLane has built collaborative and lasting relationships with a broad spectrum of domestic and international clients.