- Fellow, American College of Trust & Estate Counsel
Jon has over 45 years experience in estate planning, estate and trust administration, fiduciary counseling and charitable gift planning. For over 40 of those years, anchored one iteration or another of a boutique firm specializing in the aforementioned practice areas and the firm (formerly Steffensen & Associates, LLC) has now become the new Boston office of McLane Middleton, Professional Association.
Jon received his B.A. from Yale University and his J.D. from Northwestern University School of Law.
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Boston Estate Planning Council
- Arthritis Foundation, National Planned Giving Coordinating Group Member
- Crown Prince Frederik Fund, Inc., Secretary and Member of the Board (Funds Danish Students Attending The Kennedy School at Harvard University)
- Yale Scholarship Trust of Boston, Chair
- Society for the Propagation of the Gospel Among the Indians and Others in North America (founded 1787), Secretary
- New England Grenfell Association in support of the International Grenfell Association, Board Member
- Boston Magazine’s Top Lawyers of 2021 (Trusts & Estates)
- 10 McLane Middleton Attorneys Included in Boston Magazine’s Top Lawyers of 2022 (November 28, 2022)
- 59 Attorneys from McLane Middleton Recognized in 2023 Best Lawyers in America (August 18, 2022)
- 12 McLane Middleton Attorneys Included in Boston Magazine’s Top Lawyers of 2021 (November 29, 2021)