- Steve is currently a member of the Board of Trustees of Franklin Pierce (where he served as Board Chair from 2016 – 2019)
- Speare Memorial Hospital, Board of Directors
- Steve has previously served on the boards of numerous other non-profit and professional organizations, including:
- President of the Greater Concord Chamber of Commerce
- President of Capital Regional Development Council
- Campaign Chair for United Way of Merrimack Country
- Chair of the Energy and Regulated Utilities Committee of the Business and Industry Association of New Hampshire
- President of New Hampshire Legal Assistance and Legal Advice and Referral Center, both of which provide legal service to low income individuals in New Hampshire.
Manchester, NH 03101
As the Chief Executive Officer of McLane Middleton, Steve is responsible for overseeing the operational, financial, marketing and human resource functions of the firm, and works closely with the firm’s management team on day-to-day operations and strategic planning.
Before joining McLane Middleton as its Chief Executive Officer, Steve was President/CEO of New Hampshire Electric Cooperative, a consumer-owned electric utility that provides service in 118 communities throughout New Hampshire. During his six and a half years as NHEC’s CEO, in addition to overseeing all operations of New Hampshire’s second largest electric utility, Steve led the development and implementation of NHEC’s strategic planning process to transform the Cooperative’s revenue model, service delivery model and organizational culture to meet the needs of consumers in the rapidly changing electric utility market.
Before joining NHEC, Steve was a shareholder and director with McLane Middleton for more than 30 years. During his time as an attorney with the firm, Steve’s legal practice focused on the representation of major New Hampshire and regional energy and utility clients and other companies with interests in the energy industry. He was responsible for numerous regulatory and transactional matters for a broad range of clients, including mergers and acquisitions, gas and electric industry restructuring issues, rate proceedings, financings, gas and electric supply issues, and other significant issues affecting the industry.
Steve received his A.B. from Dartmouth College in 1980 and his J.D. from Columbia Law School in 1983.