Attorney Joseph Foster will present on a live webcast entitled, “Bankruptcy Litigation,” sponsored by the New Hampshire Bar Association on May 22, 2023.
This program will cover:
- Litigation around relief from the automatic stay – how does a creditor get out of the bankruptcy court?
- Litigation around the use of cash collateral in the bankruptcy court.
- Litigation relating to so-called “claw-backs” of preferential payments – how to keep that which one was rightly paid in the days before the bankruptcy.
- Litigation relating to the so-called “strong-arm powers” – the testing ground of a well-structured transaction.
- Litigation relating to constructive and actually fraudulent transfers.
- Litigation relating to the recoveries for mal of non-feasance by insiders – Directors and officers claims and related insurance coverage issues.
- Litigation relating to a debtor’s entitlement to a discharge.
- Discovery in the Bankruptcy Court.
- Appeals from the Bankruptcy Court.
- Ethics in bankruptcy litigation.
- Jurisdictional issues, the reference and Constitutional limitations on Bankruptcy Court powers.
Joe will be joined on the live webcast by:
- Edmond J. Ford – Ford, McDonald, McPartlin & Borden
- Kimberly Bacher – Office of the United States Trustee
- Ryan M. Borden – Ford, McDonald, McPartlin & Borden
- Eleanor Wm. Dahar – Dahar Law Firm
- William S. Gannon, Attorney
- Johathan M. Horne – Murtha Cullina, LLP
- Honorary Peter G. Cary –US Bankruptcy Court, District of Maine
- James S. LaMontagne – Sheehan Phinney Bass & Green
Joe is chair of our Bankruptcy Practice Group. He represents creditors ranging from small private lenders to nationally recognized banks and finance companies in out-of-court restructurings and chapter 11 reorganizations. Joe works with businesses and individuals in all aspects of insolvency matters ranging from prosecuting and defending litigation arising in bankruptcy courts, to counseling buyers of assets from businesses in bankruptcy, to assisting financially troubled businesses in loan restructuring and workouts. Joe also works with lenders and businesses in complex commercial finance matters. He can be reached at the firm’s Manchester office at (603) 628-1175 or email@example.com.
For more information click here.