December 8, 2006, Manchester, NH— The shareholders and employees of the law firm of McLane, Graf, Raulerson & Middleton, Professional Association raised over $800 earlier this week to support the benevolent efforts of one of it’s own employees, Julie Williams, a paralegal in the firm’s Litigation department.
For the rare opportunity to sport casual attire on a mid-week day, lawyers and administrative employees alike paid $5 (some much more) to support the Cycle for Life Fund at the Floating Hospital’s Children’s Cancer Center in Boston, MA. This fund pays for non-clinical quality of life services such as:
- Toys, books, computer games, trips and other therapeutic initiatives;
- Funding to keep the hospital’s playroom open on weekends so that children receiving chemotherapy can have breaks from treatment to play;
- Providing child life therapists whose goal is to help children be children;
- Outings and support for the teen group that works with older patients; and
- Access to a telephone line at the Cancer Center Clinic for the parents.
“Our employees were thrilled to support Julie’s involvement in this cause,” said Mike McCluskey, Executive Director of the firm. He added, “It supports quality of life in small but very meaningful ways for these children and their families.”
Williams added, “Most of our lawyers paid the money even though they missed out on the opportunity to dress casually because they were meeting with clients or appeared in court that day. We have wonderful people here at McLane.”
About the McLane Law Firm
Founded in 1919, the McLane Law Firm is the largest full-service law firm in the state of New Hampshire, with offices in Manchester, Concord and Portsmouth. Driven by the firm’s depth of sophisticated legal expertise and an unwavering commitment to client service, McLane has built collaborative and lasting relationships with a broad spectrum of domestic and international clients.