- Arbitration and Mediation
- Commercial Litigation
- Environmental Litigation
- Government Relations
- Construction Litigation
- Corporate/Partnership Disputes
Mark is a trial lawyer who successfully resolves environmental and commercial disputes for his clients through trial, alternative dispute resolution, or negotiation. Mark has obtained favorable verdicts and decisions for businesses and individuals in environmental and commercial cases before judges and juries in state and federal court, and before private arbitrators. His extensive experience in environmental litigation includes protecting clients from governmental claims both in court and in the regulatory context, as well as prosecuting or defending contamination claims between his clients and other private parties. Through his trial practice, Mark also assists his clients to obtain significant insurance recoveries for various pollution and business claims.
In his commercial litigation practice, Mark enables clients to resolve their disputes in a timely and cost-effective manner. The range of cases he handles encompasses the variety of problems companies and individuals face in business. These disputes include contract interpretation and enforcement matters, shareholder rights cases, family and business partnership fights, employment disputes, faulty construction claims, insurance coverage issues, as well as professional licensing and disciplinary proceedings. Mark also has experience in mediation and other alternative dispute resolution mechanisms. He has served as a volunteer mediator in the New Hampshire Superior Courts.
In addition to his trial practice, Mark regularly advises businesses and individuals concerning state and federal environmental laws and regulations. The advice frequently covers hazardous waste regulation and enforcement, Superfund and oil spill liability, Brownsfield redevelopment, shoreland, wetland and other environmental permitting, and liabilities arising in real estate transactions.
Mark received his J.D. with honors from Boston College Law School (1988) and his B.A. from Brown University (1983). He also clerked for Justice William Batchelder with the New Hampshire Supreme Court (1988-89).
- New Hampshire Bar (1989)
- Massachusetts Bar (1988)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Districts of New Hampshire and Massachusetts
Professional & Association Activities:
- Fellow, New Hampshire Bar Foundation
- New Hampshire Bar Association, Committee on Cooperation with the Courts, Member, 2011 to present
- New Hampshire Supreme Court, Access to Justice Commission, member, 2012
- New Hampshire Bar Association Pro Bono Program, Volunteer 1989 to present
- American Bar Association, member 1989 to present
- New Hampshire Trial Lawyers Association, 1989 to present
- Manchester Bar Association, member
- Chambers USA recognition for Environmental Litigation, 2011
- BV Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- American Friends of the Blind in Greece, Board member
- Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Boston, By-Laws Committee, 2010-present
- Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, Parish Council Member and Officer, 1996- present
- Capital Region Food Program Volunteer, 1996-present
- New Hampshire Bar Association Finance Committee, Member 2004-2010
- New Hampshire Bar Association, Delivery of Legal Services Committee, 1998-2010
- New Hampshire Lakes Association, Former Chair and Board Member, 1998-2007
- Legal Counsel, New Hampshire Democratic Party, 1997-2003