- Patent Preparation and Prosecution
- Infringement and Validity Opinions
- Trademark, Copyright, Trade Secret and other Intellectual Property-Oriented Matters
- General Intellectual Property Counseling
Scott is a senior attorney in the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice Group where he focuses his practice on patent preparation and prosecution in a variety of areas including chemical, mechanical, software, internet, e-commerce, and medical device. Prior to entering private practice, Scott spent six years as a Patent Examiner in the United States Patent & Trademark Office. Scott is involved with all phases of patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret law practice, including patent, trademark, and copyright preparation and prosecution, licensing and contract matters, patent opinion preparation, domain name disputes and other Internet-related issues, intellectual property counseling, and litigation relating to patent, trademark, copyright and other intellectual property matters.
Scott received his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center (1996). He is a former Patent Examiner from the United States Patent & Trademark Office (1989-1995). Scott also received his B.S. from the University of Maryland (1988) and his B.S. from St. Mary’s College of Maryland (1986).
- New Hampshire
- United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association