On March 31, Governor Baker issued an “Order Extending the Closing of Certain Workplaces and the Prohibition on Gatherings of More Than 10 People.” The extension is effective April 1 and runs until May 4. The COVID-19 Essential Services list has been substantially increased as of March 31, and goes into effect April 1.
Added Essential Services include:
- workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, importers, and distributors;
- building security staff;
- agribusiness support services to include those employed in auction and sales;
- workers supporting the renewable energy infrastructure and those involved in nuclear re-fueling operations;
- workers supporting the distribution of food, pharmaceuticals, and other medical materials;
- private sector employees with work related to undersea cable infrastructure; and
- workers needed to provide consumer access to bank and lending services, including ATMs.
The new list is fourteen pages long – much longer and more comprehensive than the initial list – and should be reviewed carefully by Massachusetts companies and workers.