- Asset Protection and Wealth Preservation
- Estate Planning and Trust and Estate Administration
- Private and Non Depository Trust Companies
- Non-Profit and Charitable Planning
Bill is a director and vice chair of the firm’s Trusts & Estates Department. He concentrates his practice in sophisticated estate planning, including the implementation and administration of tax strategies and trusts and alternative strategies for high income and high net worth individuals, families, executives and business owners, as well as strategies involving asset protection and wealth preservation.
Bill is experienced representing major lottery winners in the New England region assisting them with their income tax, gift tax, confidentiality and family planning issues.
Bill co-authored the book, “New Hampshire Practice Series: Probate and Administration of Estates, Trusts & Guardianships, Fourth Edition (Vols. 10, 11 and 12).” The book is a comprehensive, current reference on probate court procedure and the administration of estates in New Hampshire, this three-volume publication completely revises former Rockingham County Probate Judge William Treat’s pioneering treatise on probate law published in 1968. Contains practical advice, analysis of current law, numerous checklists, and completed forms used in probate proceedings. For more on the book, please click here.
Bill received his LL.M., Taxation, from Boston University (1983), J.D. from Boston University School of Law (1978) and his A.B. from Dartmouth College (1975).
- New Hampshire
- U.S. Tax Court
- American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC) (State Chair; member, Asset Protection Committee)
- New Hampshire Estate Planning Council (member and former Chair)
- New Hampshire Bar Association (member and former Chair, Tax Section and member of the Real Property and Probate Section and Corporate Section)
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Bar Association (member, Tax Section)
- Trustee Emeritus, The Derryfield School
- Member, Board of Trustees, The Derryfield School, Chair of the 50th Year Capital Campaign
- Member, Board of Directors, Greater Manchester Family YMCA
- Former member, Board of Directors, Greater Manchester Chapter of the American Red Cross
- Former President and member of the Board of Directors of Stage One Productions
- New England Super Lawyers Top 100 (2014-2015, 2017-2019)