- New Hampshire
John is an associate in the firm’s Corporate Department and vice-chair of the firm’s Sports Practice Group. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, ESOPs, other transactional matters, entity formation, contract drafting, corporate governance and sports law matters.
Prior to joining McLane Middleton in 2021, John was a Hearings Examiner with the New Hampshire Banking Department.
John earned his J.D. from the University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce School of Law (2015). In 2014, John competed in the Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Competition and in 2015, he was the Chief Justice of the Moot Court Executive Board. John received his B.S. in Marketing and Entrepreneurial Venture Creation from the University of New Hampshire, cum laude, with a Minor in Economics (2011).
Put the Coach on the Line: An Alternate Approach to Increasing Player Safety in the NHL,” Virginia Sports and Entertainment Law Journal, Volume 14, Issue 1.
- NH Bar Association – Corporation, Business and Banking Law Section, Co-Clerk
- Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch (Entertainment & Sports Law), 2024
- John DeWispelaere Elected Vice-Chair of McLane Middleton’s Sports Practice Group (November 16, 2023)
- McLane Middleton Attorney John DeWispelaere Recognized by Best Lawyers for Work in Sports Law (September 13, 2023)
- 57 Attorneys from McLane Middleton Recognized in 2024 Best Lawyers in America (August 17, 2023)
- McLane Middleton to Host NH Bar Program on Banking Trends and Legal Issues Facing the Banking Industry (April 29, 2022)
- McLane Middleton’s Corporate Team Leads New Hampshire Bar’s Corporation, Banking and Business Law Section (February 25, 2022)