- Energy, Utilities and Telecommunications
- Environmental Law
- Government Relations
Michael is a member of the firm’s Administrative Law and Litigation Departments. He is also the managing director of the firm’s Portsmouth office. He was selected for inclusion in the 23rd Edition of The Best Lawyers in America for his work in both Environmental Law and Environmental Litigation, and was chosen by that publication as “Lawyer of the Year” for Environmental Law for 2017 and 2019.
Mike’s practice focuses on cases in state and federal courts, as well as on administrative appeals. In addition, he represents businesses, municipalities, and individuals in a broad array of environmental matters including Wetlands and the Clean Water Act, Superfund, hazardous and solid waste permitting and compliance. He has extensive experience in litigation, cost recovery and insurance claims arising from former operation of manufactured gas plants.
Mike received his J.D. from the University of Maine School of Law (1988) and his B.A. from St. Lawrence University (1983).
- New Hampshire
- United States District Court, District of New Hampshire
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- Fellow, New Hampshire Bar Foundation
- Environmental Business Council of New England, New Hampshire Chapter Leadership Team
- New Hampshire Bar Foundation, Member
- New Hampshire Corporate Wetlands Restoration Partnership, Secretary
- Former Chair, New Hampshire Bar Association Section on Natural Resources and Environmental Law
- Former Trustee of Heronfield Academy
- Former President, Seacoast Chapter of the American Red Cross
- Former President, Board of Directors of the Seacoast Family YMCA
- Former Chairman, New Hampshire Bar Association Natural Resources and Environmental Law Section
- Best Lawyers in America’s Lawyer of the Year (Environmental Law), 2017, 2019