- New Hampshire
Ramey is a Director in the firm’s Corporate Department. Her practice focuses on business and transactional matters for a wide range of clients, with a particular concentration in mergers & acquisitions, private equity transactions, private offerings, and corporate governance. In addition to her corporate work, she also represents clients in an array of business and family immigration matters including naturalization applications, H-1B petitions, employment based green card applications, special immigrant juvenile petitions, and I-9 enforcement actions.
Prior to joining McLane Middleton in 2016, Ramey worked in, developed, and managed the legal departments in publicly traded and privately held corporations within the manufacturing and financial industries. Most notably, she was Assistant General Counsel at AmeriFirst Financial Corporation where she managed the legal department consisting of six attorneys and was responsible for a broad range of legal and regulatory matters, corporate governance, litigation mitigation and management, and commercial transactions.
Ramey received her J.D. from the University of New Hampshire School of Law where she was a Daniel Webster Honor’s Scholar, a Judicial Extern for Senior New Hampshire Supreme Court Justice Hicks, and a Public Interest Fellow. She is currently admitted to practice in the State of New Hampshire.
- New Hampshire Bar Association, Chair, Corporation, Banking and Business Law Section
- Service Credit Union, Board of Directors; Supervisory Committee Member
- NH Supreme Court Access to Justice Commission, Member
- Leadership Greater Manchester, class of 2020
- Union Leader’s 40 Under Forty, class of 2022
- Leadership Greater Manchester Class of 2021
- 16th annual Jack B. Middleton Pro Bono Legal Services Award
- New Hampshire Bar Association’s Pro Bono Honor Roll
- “Immigration Due Diligence in Corporate Transactions” (NH Bar Association, 4/12/2019)
- “Immigration Considerations for Mergers & Acquisitions” (Boston Bar Association, 1/15/2019)
- Ramey Sylvester and Mike Tule to Present on a Webinar sponsored by MCLE (September 26, 2023)
- Ramey Sylvester Accepted to Leadership NH’s Class of 2024 (August 29, 2023)
- Ramey Sylvester to Present at the NH Futurecast: 2023 Breakfast (January 10, 2023)
- McLane Middleton Elects Jesse Angeley, Alexandra Cote, Andrew Hamilton and Ramey Sylvester as Directors (January 3, 2023)
- McLane Middleton to Host NH Bar Program on Banking Trends and Legal Issues Facing the Banking Industry (April 29, 2022)
- McLane Middleton’s Corporate Team Leads New Hampshire Bar’s Corporation, Banking and Business Law Section (February 25, 2022)
- Ramey Sylvester Named to Union Leader’s 40 Under Forty (January 24, 2022)