- Environmental Law
- Energy Facility Siting
- Environmental Litigation
- Clean Water Act
- Wetlands, Shoreland, and Stormwater Regulation
- Administrative Law
Concord, NH 03301
Rebecca is an attorney in the Administrative Law Department where she advises clients in State, federal and municipal, environmental and energy regulatory and litigation cases. Rebecca has been counsel in several large energy facility projects before the New Hampshire Site Evaluation Committee including a nine-turbine wind farm and several utility-scale electric transmission projects. Rebecca handles permitting and enforcement cases before the Department of Environmental Services and the USEPA involving the Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, the New Hampshire Shoreland Protection Act and wetlands regulations as well as site remediation and monitoring under Superfund and analogous State waste regulatory programs. In addition to her focus on environmental matters, Rebecca has also assisted clients before other State administrative agencies and board including the New Hampshire Commission for Human Rights, New Hampshire Department of Insurance, and the New Hampshire Retirement System.
Rebecca received her J.D. from Quinnipiac University School of Law, magna cum laude (2014) and her B.A. in Environmental Policy and English from the College of William and Mary, summa cum laude (2011).
Areas of Focus
- New Hampshire Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- New England Women in Energy and the Environment (NEWIEE)
- New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- New Hampshire Bar Association, Environmental and Natural Resources Section, Chair (2017-2018) and Clerk (2016-2017)
- Successfully represented a developer through all of the permitting before the New Hampshire Site Evaluation Committee and subsequently through an appeal before the New Hampshire Supreme Court to obtain the necessary permits to construct a 28.8 megawatt wind facility in Antrim, New Hampshire;
- Successful represented major energy companies in the permitting process before the New Hampshire Site Evaluation Committee to obtain the necessary permits to construct electric transmission lines in the State;
- Represented several marinas in State and federal stormwater permitting and enforcement cases;
- Represented several gravel and mining operations in State and federal stormwater permitting, compliance and enforcement cases;
- Successfully assisted clients in permitting, enforcement and regulatory compliance for boat docks and docking facilities.
- Adam Dumville and Rebecca Walkley to Present Update in Environmental Law (March 21, 2022)
- McLane Middleton Recognized with EBC’s Outstanding Collaboration Award (September 18, 2020)
- Rebecca Walkley Elected Co-Chair and Viggo Fish Vice Chair of NH Bar Association’s Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section (May 31, 2017)