- Co-counsel for the seller of a New Hampshire assisted living facility that sold its operations and real estate for a total purchase price in excess of $50 million dollars.
- Led the legal representation of a nonprofit hospital in a statutory merger requiring the resolution of numerous challenging issues discovered during due diligence.
- Successfully represented Certified Public Accountants in responses to licensing complaints filed with the New Hampshire Board of Accountancy resulting in dismissal of the complaints due to a lack of probable cause.
- Successfully obtained the dismissal of a Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing and an award of sanctions on behalf of a commercial landlord.
- Worked with insurance co-counsel in a bankruptcy case involving substantial real estate fraud to file a declaratory judgment adversary proceeding seeking a finding that the insurer had no obligation to defend and no liability under the applicable insurance After the filing, opposing parties agreed to resolve the matter.
- Filed a preference claim against New York Yankees owner, George Steinbrenner. Unfortunately, his office immediately returned the payment made by the bankruptcy debtor pre-bankruptcy and depositions were not necessary.
Sabrina a member of the Corporate Department and Real Estate Practice Group. She is an accomplished and respected attorney who is well versed in a wide range of practice areas, including corporate and business law; commercial and residential real estate; banking and commercial transactions; bankruptcy; estate planning, probate, and trust administration.
Throughout her career Sabrina has worked closely with individual and business clients on a broad range of real estate and business matters including governance, contracts, finance, general corporate issues, dispute resolution, mergers and acquisitions, creditors’ rights, real estate, evictions, and succession planning. She has represented local and national clients in bankruptcy matters throughout the United States and worked with banks, credit unions, and private lenders on significant commercial financing, workout, and foreclosure matters. Sabrina has also assisted municipal clients with a variety of issues, including tax matters.
While her current practice focuses on transactional work, Sabrina is also an experienced trial attorney. She has litigated complex business, bankruptcy and real estate disputes in state and federal courts.
Sabrina received her J.D. (cum laude), 2022 from Stetson University College of Law and her B.A., in Politics (Minor in Accounting), 1997 from Ursinus College.
- New Hampshire
- American Bar Association – Section of Litigation, Woman Advocate Committee: Co-Chair (2014 – 2017); Liaison to Corporate Counsel (2014); Regional Meeting Committee (2013 – 2014); Web Co-Editor (2011 – 2013); Chair Work / Life Balance (2010 – 2011)
- Leadership Greater Concord Class of 2018
- Leadership Seacoast Class of 2015
- Hoffman-Haas Fellowship/NH Center for Nonprofits – Fellow (2014 – 2015)
- New Hampshire Bar Association (Gender Equality Committee) (2011 – 2012)
- New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association (Secretary 2012 – 2015; Fall Reception Chair 2012; Membership Committee 2012 – 2015; Out of State Liaison 2011 – 2012)
Sabrina has achieved the AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell. She was selected for the Best Lawyers in America list for Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships) and Litigation – Bankruptcy for 2022 and 2023 and as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers in 2013 and 2014.
Recognized by her peers as a leader in the legal community, Sabrina has held leadership positions in many professional associations, including the American Bar Association and New Hampshire Women’s Bar Association. She is a member of the Leadership Greater Concord Class of 2018 and Leadership Seacoast Class of 2015.
- “Best Practices to Limit Preference Liability Exposure in Bankruptcy,” New Hampshire Business Review, September 1, 2022
- “An Overview of Florida’s Tenancy by the Entireties Law,” Bar News, New Hampshire Bar Association, May 18, 2022
- “Lesson 3: Discovering Your Authentic Self”, 50 Lessons for Women Lawyers, Nora Riva Bergman, Berroco Canyon Publishing 2019
- “A Strategic Road Map to Joining a Non-Profit Board”, The Woman Advocate Newsletter, American Bar Association,Section of Litigation, 20, No. 3, Spring 2015
- “US Supreme Court Reverses Second Mortgage Cases That Had Given Hope to Struggling Homeowners”, Bar News, New Hampshire Bar Association, July 25, 2015
- “The Recipe for a Successful Mentoring Relationship,” The Woman Advocate Newsletter, American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, 17, No. 2, Winter 2012
- “No Foolin’ – Real Estate Tax Collectors Should Pay Attention to Doolan”, Bar News, New Hampshire Bar Association, May 31, 2011
- New Hampshire Association for Justice Trial Bar News (“An Interview with Attorney General Foster,” Volume 38, Winter 2013; “10 Mediation Tips for Young Lawyers,” Volume 39, Summer 2013; “An Interview with Chief Justice Linda Dalianis,” Volume 33, Spring 2011; “An Interview with Chief Justice John T. Broderick, Jr.,” Volume 33, Winter 2011)
- Panelist, “Safe Proofing LLCs and Corporations: Avoiding Piercing the Corporate Veil”, American Bar Association Center for Professional Development and Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Division, Webinar, March 3, 2016
- Panelist, “Gaining Access: How to Snag the Big Client as a Small, Diverse Firm”, American Bar Association, Section of Litigation Diversity & Inclusion Committee Roundtable, December 7, 2015
- Presenter, “Friending and Following: The Ethical Pitfalls of Using Social Media”, American Bar Association, Section of Litigation, The Women of the Section of Litigation Conference, Chicago, Illinois, November 7, 2014
- Presenter and Program Co-Planner, “Mastering the Expert Trial Examination, American Bar Association”, Section of Litigation, Woman Advocate Trial Advocacy Regional CLE Workshop, San Diego, California, January 16, 2014
- 59 Attorneys from McLane Middleton Recognized in 2023 Best Lawyers in America (August 18, 2022)
- McLane Middleton Adds Attorney Sabrina Beavens (May 10, 2022)