- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Securities Law
- Corporate Governance
- Manufacturing and Distribution Law
- Shareholder Disputes
- Business Formations
- Labor & Employment and Executive Compensation
Manchester, NH 03101
With more than three decades of experience as a business lawyer, Mike has represented large and small companies in business formations, public and private securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and other complex transactions.
As a former general counsel and secretary to two publicly held companies and with more than 11 years of executive experience, Mike is a versatile business lawyer with substantial expertise advising senior management on a wide range of legal and business issues, including mergers and acquisitions, contract negotiation, licensing and protection of intellectual property, corporate governance, antitrust, product distribution issues, executive compensation, leasing, and employment/labor matters.
Mike began his legal career at McLane in 1987 and was made a director in 1995. He left McLane to pursue his in-house career, and from 1996 to 2000, he was Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary of NEXIQ Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: WPIC) a Manchester, New Hampshire based provider of power conversion products, handheld computers and diagnostic tools for commercial vehicles. From 2000 to 2007, he was Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary of Rock of Ages Corporation (NASDAQ Global: ROAC), an integrated quarrier, manufacturer and retailer of dimension stone blocks, granite memorials and precision granite products based in Barre, Vermont. At Rock of Ages, Mike was responsible for a broad range of legal and regulatory matters, providing advice on SEC filings and disclosure issues, corporate development, strategic planning and mergers and acquisitions.
Mike returned to McLane Middleton in 2008.
Mike received his J.D. from Northeastern University School of Law and his B.A. from the University of Vermont.
Areas of Focus
- New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Hampshire
- Fellow, New Hampshire Bar Foundation
- Leadership New Hampshire Class of 2018
- XPX New Hampshire, Member
- Financial Management Association of NH, Member
- Board of Directors – President (2015 – 2016), Souhegan Valley Boys & Girls Club (Executive and Governance Committees), Milford, NH
- Board of Directors, New Hampshire Preservation Alliance (Executive, Public Policy and Governance Committees), Concord, NH (2008 – 2014)
- Board of Trustees, Beaver Brook Association (Secretary), Hollis, NH (2009 – 2012)
- Board of Trustees, Wadleigh Memorial Public Library, Milford, NH (2003 – 2015)
- Graduate of Leadership Greater Manchester Class of 1996
- Board of Advisors, New England Legal Foundation (2002 – 2004)
- Board of Directors, New Hampshire International Trade Association (1998 – 2003)
- Chambers USA Recognizes 23 McLane Middleton Attorneys and Six Firm Practice Areas (June 1, 2023)
- Attorney Mike Tule to Present at an In Person Seminar Sponsored by the New Hampshire Bar Association (May 31, 2023)
- Six McLane Middleton Attorneys Named 2023 “Lawyer of the Year” By Best Lawyers in America (August 23, 2022)
- 59 Attorneys from McLane Middleton Recognized in 2023 Best Lawyers in America (August 18, 2022)
- Chambers USA Recognizes 22 McLane Middleton Attorneys and 6 Firm Practice Areas (June 1, 2022)