- Family Law/Domestic Relations
- Personal Injury Litigation
- General Civil Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
Dave is one of the firm’s most experienced litigators, having tried dozens of jury trials and many, many trials to a judge. While having tried noteworthy business litigation and personal injury/medical malpractice disputes (Dave has two of the largest medical malpractice verdicts in the state), the majority of his practice is handling divorce matters. He recently has successfully resolved through trial, mediation or settlement many divorces involving substantial assets, trusts, businesses owned by the parties, large real estate holdings, and corporate stock interests.
Dave also has extensive experience drafting and reviewing prenuptial agreements (antenuptial agreements) and more recently has engaged in negotiating and drafting postnupital agreements with regards to divorce and death.
He is a past president of the New Hampshire Trial Lawyers Association and is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates and the International Society of Barristers.
Dave received his J.D. degree from Boston University Law School (1969), where he was a Member of the Boston University Law Review (1967-1969) and received his A.B. from Lehigh University (1966).
- New Hampshire, 1971
- California, 1970 (inactive)
- United States District Court for the Central District of California, 1971
- United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire, 1971
- United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit, 1983
- United States Supreme Court, 1976
- 13th President of the New Hampshire Trial Lawyers Association (1989-1990)
- New Hampshire State Delegate to the Association of Trial Lawyers of America from 1991-1997
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates (President of the New Hampshire Chapter 1999-2000)
- Member, International Society of Barristers
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New Hampshire Bar Foundation
- Member, Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Member, Raymond Area Rotary Club
- Active in the United Way
- Member, Board of Directors of New Hampshire Public Defender (1986-2009)
- Fellow, International Society of Barristers
- Advocate, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member, New Hampshire Association for Justice
- Past President, New Hampshire Trial Lawyers Association
- Selectman, Town of Candia (2012 – 2015)
- Legal Advisor, Manchester Black Scholarship Foundation
- Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year (Family Law, 2014)
- Board of Governors Award by the New Hampshire Trial Lawyers Association (1998), and the President’s Award in (1990).
- Manchester Bar Association’s Lifetime Achievement Award (2006)
- New Hampshire Bar Association’s E. Donald Dufresne Award for Outstanding Professionalism (2016)
- Fellow, New Hampshire Bar Foundation